Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"your last word"


I opened my devotion book this morning and the words that are the title of this blog jumped off the page at me!   I've mentioned before that I have a collection of quotes and phrases that have inspired me with a little wisdom over the years and in turn, have inspired many Kalico Kards.  One such message: "Age is a matter of mind, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!" was the inspiration for this birthday card on the left.   I would say this is  a a last word for me when it comes to birthdays!
 
A few of my mothers "last words" when I was a kid were :"Just wait til your father gets home!"  and-  "Because I said so, that's why!"  I so believed them that I even used them on my own kids 20 years later!  Parents  had the last word 60 years ago!   What do you think has  happened to that trust and respect today?


That's not where I want this blog to go however!   I was thinking more  about words that  jump off the page and speak louder to me than other words do - words that really say something  - words that I've embodied and walk in.  Do these same words impact others as they do me? 
My awareness has really peaked since  living on the flip side of 50 - I have lots of questions  without answers and then there's still  some  answers that have no questions!  I'm thankful however, that these are becoming fewer and fewer!  By the way - when my father came home, mom either changed her mind or forgot to tell him what I did!  Maybe that's what's happened to  trust and respect - we don't really mean or do what we say today - it's empty words!

the kardlady 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment