Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Love is hand-made!

When I said my 2011 crafting season was over - I guess I really meant it because I've not been at the drawing board for almost a month now!  What I have been doing in my spare moments is crocheting! I've made 4 beautiful scarves for gifts and I'm off to the craft shop for more yarn today! The more unusual the fiber, the better!

I just love knitting and crocheting with different fibers  - it's so gratifying, especially with all the choices in patterns and yarns there are to choose from!  Recently  I came upon a different  fiber which is not your ordinary yarn!  It can be  purchased  at  your local yarn or craft shop or online at  www.premieryarns.com . The image of the scarf on the left is on their website - one ball is all that's  needed for this  beautiful scarf - 6"  by about 54" or however long you wish to create it! On the website,  click on   "starbella" and there's  a video on how to use the 3" wide netting that has to be opened out  of its ribbon-like shape.   The technique for knitting with it  is a little unorthodox but the wait is well worth the time it takes to learn the technique.

This is going to be a handmade scarf Christmas in my family - and when I used my % off coupons at the A.C.Moore's craft store, a beautiful handmade gift was only a few dollars and a few days away! 

the kardlady

No comments:

Post a Comment