Friday, December 23, 2011

Blessings to you and yours at Christmastime!

This is the scarf I've been going wild with - do you know that with a N Crochet hook and Boucle yarn you can crochet this scarf  10 stitches wide by 50" long in about 4-5 hours.  It's soft and warm and very pretty and only cost me about $2 (after using my 50% off coupon at ACMoore's) 

Last evening I made one scarf and started a second one!  The fringes take a little more time to make: I cut 2 strands for each stitch ( each square) on each end (about 40 strands) 10" long.  I  folded them in half  one at a time and inserted the folded end into the square and pulled the cut ends through the folded end.  I didn't fringe all them though - fringes get caught in my coat zippers!

I was back to the craft store twice now and purchased two more skeins of boucle in different colors.  

I'm off now to finish baking a few more cookies!  My family of 13 is coming for dinner Christmas day and I want to be fully prepared!  I hope you have a blessed Christmas Day and a joyful Christmas season.

the kardlady

No comments:

Post a Comment