Sunday, September 4, 2011

"The secret to staying young- live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age" -L .Ball

"Pick a number and stick to it"  is what  grandma always said!  It's not the years in your life but the life in your years!  You wouldn't believe how often I've been asked  when I'm going to "retire"!  Let's see now - isn't  that something you do to a car?   I tell  them "you have to be working to retire -  I'm not working,  I'm doing something I love!  If "retire" means to stop what you're presently doing - I have no intentions doing that!  I told someone the other day that when I die, I want to be buried with a scissor in my hand and a piece of calico cotton thrown over me!


It's only the beginning of September but I'm finishing the last of my Christmas cards for my upcoming shows and online!  The new Halloween  cards are already finished - they  were created in June!  Year round, each evening, you'll find me, scissor in hand, in front of the TV,  cutting fabric designs for the coming year's Kalico Kards.    When I feel I'm caught up for a time - I get out the crocheting -  I have 8 grandkids who will be getting married one day and when they do, there will be an aphgan  ready for each of them!  Livin' life on the flip side of 50  is very productive for me!

the kardlady




No comments:

Post a Comment