Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apologies for my absence here

I've been encouraged by a friend to share with you the reason for my absence online - but first of all I feel the need to apologize.


My intentions were to post at least twice a week, however, over the past 2 months the back pain I've been dealing with 20 years or so, has gone beyond the bearable. I've known surgery was inevitable, but tried to hold it off as long as I could.


My lower spine has deteriorated to the point where L2,3,4,and 5 are beyond physical therapy, chiropractors, pain management, and medication. I've already had one appointment with a neurosurgeon and received his plan for reparation - my next appointment on 9/21 will reveal the date of surgery for fusion.


It's surprising how pain can change ones attitude! Eight years ago an orthopedic surgeon explained his plan for reparation of my problem but I wasn't ready to hear about surgery or the recovery period afterward. Presently, I cannot wait to have it done and be on the road to recovery!


Constant pain in the lower back is bad enough, but when it goes down the buttocks and both legs and your day is mostly about how to live with the pain - then it's time to let an expert in his field do what must be done!


My main concern is how long the recovery period will take? I would appreciate your encouragement and your prayers. I promise to keep you posted as to what's going on. I'm told they expect me to be out of bed and functioning upright on the third day already! Hopefully, I'll have less pain then and a better attitude about my future.


Sincerely,
the kardlady







No comments:

Post a Comment