Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Inspiration abounds!

A few days ago I was standing in line at our local fabric store waiting to have a piece of fabric cut for another Kalico Kard and started a conversastion with a young woman in line holding a bolt of fabric used for pillow ticking. Curious, I asked what kind of project she was working on, and she told me she was re-covering her bed pillow! I remarked how resourceful she was in doing so, and with a smile of contentment she told me she's been sleeping on the same pillow since she was a child of six! I felt goosebumps down my spine!

In our throw-away world, where hand me downs are presently thrown away and lots of things discarded when they need only repair or recycling, this kind of connection with your childhood inspired me: still dreaming on the same pillow you did when you were a child!

It took me back to the many items I lost track of over the past 50 years - along with the precious memory which could be inspiring today.

If you have an inspiring story to share - use the comment box below - I'd love hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment