Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A bit of inspiration. . .

In my living room above a favorite chair I spend time in each morning upon awakening, is a wall that I've covered with 8x10 framed pictures of my kids and grandkids as babies.

If you've read my profile you know already that my husband and I have 3 children and 8 grandchildren and each of them has inspired my life in a many different ways. However, being surrounded by all of them together each morning is enlivening, enlightening and inspiring.

Along with the 11 photos there's also a baby picture of myself, and a grade school photo of my husband as well as our family's wedding photos and a graduation picture of our 3 children. Those who visit usually remark about the "wall of fame" created more than 20 years ago, especially our kids and grandkids.

I've since started another "wall of fame" in our TV room with pictures of the grandkids "all growed up" - and by Gods grace we hope to add to it, pictures of their spouses and children - our great-grandkids! That is inspiring! Babies touch the world with love bringing out the best that's in us and no matter how old they are, they're still our babies at heart!

My younger daughter will be arriving home in a few weeks for vacation after being away for more than a year! Because our home is small, we usually turn a room into a bedroom for her - she and my grand-daughter have requested sleeping under the "wall of fame" -It''s represents "home" and is a reminder of their roots and our oneness - and of course they love seeing their baby pictures again.

If you have a story about a bit of inspiration in your life, I'd love hearing it - add it to our comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment